The symbols in Pokemon Go are indicators or indicators related to the characteristics, status, and attributes of your Pokemon.
These could be related to the Pokemon’s type, their combat capabilities, their special abilities, or their availability for certain tasks or battles.
In the world of Pokemon Go, symbols have significant roles. These icons give you essential details about your Pokemon.
For instance, some symbols denote the Pokemon’s type such as water, fire, grass, etc. Others can show their battling status like their Combat Power (CP) or Hit Points (HP).
Some symbols represent the Pokemon’s special abilities or moves. Additionally, there are symbols that indicate if a Pokemon is your buddy or if they are eligible for trainer battles or gym battles.
In short, the symbols in Pokemon Go provide valuable information about your Pokemon.
They allow you to understand the capacities and abilities of your Pokemon, which can be extremely useful when planning your battles.
Since each symbol has its unique meaning, it’s important to familiarize yourself with them to fully enjoy and succeed in the game.
18 Symbols Meanings in Pokemon Go
|Indicates a Pokemon you have not caught yet
|Indicates a Pokemon you have caught before
|Indicates a high level Pokemon
|Indicates a very high level Pokemon
|Indicates a Pokemon with a moderate catch difficulty
|Indicates how close a nearby Pokemon is. No footsteps means the Pokemon is in your immediate vicinity, one footprint means it’s close, two means it’s within a few blocks, and three means it’s farther away
|Show that a Lure Module is active at a PokeStop
|Indicates an active Incense
|Battery Saver Mode Icon
|Indicates that Battery Saver Mode is turned on
|Green Leaf Symbols
|Suggest a possible Pokemon location
|Indicates a Pokemon attack during a battle
|Indicates a successful dodge during a battle
|Battle Symbols (Sword and Shield)
|Represent the Attack and Defense stats of a Pokemon, respectively
|Weather Symbols (Sun, Rain, etc.)
|Indicates the current in-game weather, which can affect Pokemon spawns and strengths
|CP (Combat Power)
|Represents how strong a Pokemon can be in battles
|Used to increase a Pokemon’s CP
|Used to evolve Pokemon
Five Facts About: The Symbols in Pokémon GO
Types Of Symbols
Explanation Of The Different Types Of Symbols In The Game
Pokemon go features several symbols that players can find on their screen. Each symbol signifies different aspects of the game, such as pokestops, gyms, and the weather.
Here are some of the symbols players can encounter while playing:
Pokestop symbol: This symbol looks like a blue cube with a white circle in the center.
Pokestops are locations on the map where players can collect items like pokeballs, potions, and eggs. Players can spin the pokestop symbol once they are within range to receive these items.
Gym symbol: The gym symbol appears as a tall tower with a pointed roof. Gyms are locations on the map where players can battle other trainers or leave their own pokemon to defend the gym.
The team that holds the gym receives in-game rewards.
Raid symbol: The raid symbol looks like a cartoonish monster with a large egg-shaped body. Raids are battles that players can participate in by gathering near a gym.
The raid symbol indicates that a raid battle is about to start.
Weather symbol: The weather symbol displays the current weather in the real world. Certain pokemon types become more common during specific weather conditions, and some types are stronger in battle.
It is essential to pay attention to the weather symbol to catch the right pokemon and use the right types in battles.
How Each Symbol Signifies Different Aspects Of The Game
Pokemon go uses various symbols to help players navigate the game. Each symbol has a specific purpose, whether it is to indicate a pokestop location or signal a raid battle.
Understanding what each symbol means is crucial for players to progress in the game.
Here are some examples of how symbols signify different aspects of the game:
- Pokestop symbol: The pokestop symbol shows players the location of a pokestop, which can provide essential items to players, such as pokeballs.
- Gym symbol: The gym symbol shows players the location of a gym, which they can battle other trainers in or leave their own pokemon to defend.
- Raid symbol: The raid symbol indicates to players that a raid battle is occurring at the specified gym location.
- Weather symbol: The weather symbol displays the current weather, which can affect the pokemon types that appear and how strong they are in battle.
Examples Of Each Symbol And Their Significance
Pokemon go is a global phenomenon, and players all over the world can encounter the same symbols while playing the game.
Here are some examples of each symbol and their significance:
- Pokestop symbol: A blue cube with a white circle in the center can be found on the corner of a busy street. Players can tap the symbol to receive free items.
- Gym symbol: A tall tower with a pointed roof sits in the center of a local park. Players can battle other trainers at the gym by tapping the symbol.
- Raid symbol: A cartoonish monster with a large egg-shaped body appears on the screen while players are near a gym. Players can participate in a raid battle by tapping the symbol and joining forces with other trainers.
- Weather symbol: A sun or rain cloud icon appears on the screen, indicating the current weather. Players can catch certain pokemon types more easily during specific weather conditions, such as catching more water-type pokemon during rain.
By understanding the meaning of each symbol in pokemon go, players can progress in the game and have a more enjoyable experience.
Remember to check the symbols frequently and use them to your advantage!
Pokemon Type Symbols
Pokemon go is a popular game that has been around for quite some time. The game has many symbols that can be confusing to players, especially new ones.
This post aims to explain the pokemon type symbols, identify each one, and the significance of each symbol in the game.
Detailed Explanation Of Pokemon Type Symbols
Pokemon type symbols are icons used to represent the various available pokemon types.
These types include normal, fire, water, grass, electric, bug, dragon, fairy, dark, ghost, poison, fighting, psychic, rock, ground, ice, and steel. Each type has a unique symbol that represents it.
How To Identify Each Pokemon Type Symbol
It is essential to identify each symbol when playing pokemon go.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Start by accessing your pokedex.
- Then, select any pokemon.
- Scroll down, and you will find the type symbol(s) for that particular pokemon.
- The type symbol(s) will be next to the pokemon’s name.
Significance Of Each Pokemon Type Symbol In The Game
Each pokemon type represents different strengths and weaknesses.
It is essential to know these strengths and weaknesses when catching and training pokemon.
Below, we will explore the significance of each pokemon type symbol in the game:
- Normal type: No specific strengths or weaknesses.
- Fire type: Strong against grass, ice, bug, and steel. Weak against water, ground, and rock.
- Water type: Strong against fire, ground, and rock. Weak against grass and electric.
- Grass type: Strong against water, ground, and rock. Weak against fire, ice, poison, bug, and flying.
- Electric type: Strong against water and flying. Weak against ground.
- Bug type: Strong against grass, psychic, and dark. Weak against fire, flying, and rock.
- Dragon type: Strong against dragon. Weak against ice and fairy.
- Fairy type: Strong against fighting, dragon, and dark. Weak against poison and steel.
- Dark type: Strong against psychic and ghost. Weak against fighting, bug, and fairy.
- Ghost type: Strong against psychic and ghost. Weak against dark and ghost.
- Poison type: Strong against grass and fairy. Weak against ground and psychic.
- Fighting type: Strong against normal, ice, rock, dark, and steel. Weak against flying, psychic, and fairy.
- Psychic type: Strong against fighting and poison. Weak against bug, ghost, and dark.
- Rock type: Strong against fire, ice, flying, and bug. Weak against water, grass, fighting, ground, and steel.
- Ground type: Strong against fire, electric, poison, rock, and steel. Weak against water, grass, and ice.
- Ice type: Strong against grass, ground, flying, and dragon. Weak against fire, fighting, rock, and steel.
- Steel type: Strong against ice, rock, and fairy. Weak against fire, fighting, and ground.
Knowing the strengths and weaknesses of each pokemon type is crucial in winning battles and becoming a successful player in pokemon go.
Pokemon type symbols represent various pokemon types with unique strengths and weaknesses. Identifying each symbol and understanding their significance in the game is vital for success in pokemon go.
Keep exploring and catching pokemon while keeping in mind the importance of these symbols.
Gym And Raid Symbols
Overview Of Gym And Raid Symbols
If you’re an avid pokemon go player, you’ve probably noticed symbols that appear next to gyms and raids.
These symbols provide key information about the gym and raid battles, and understanding them can help you prepare better for battles.
How To Identify Gym And Raid Symbols
Gym and raid symbols are easy to identify as they appear next to the gym’s or raid’s name.
Here’s how to identify them:
- Look for a symbol next to the gym or raid name.
- Tap on the gym or raid to view more information about the symbol.
The symbol’s color and shape can indicate whether it is a gym or raid. For gyms, the color and shape of the symbol represent the team controlling the gym.
Meanwhile, the raid symbol indicates the level of the raid and the type of pokemon you’ll be facing.
Significance Of Gym And Raid Symbols In The Game
Knowing the significance of the gym and raid symbols is crucial, especially if you want to advance in the game.
Here are the key points:
- Gym symbols represent the team that is controlling the gym.
- If the symbol is gray, it means that the gym is neutral and there is currently no team in control.
- The color of the gym symbol corresponds to the team that is currently controlling it – red symbolizes valor, blue represents mystic, and yellow denotes instinct.
- Raid symbols indicate the level of the raid and the type of pokemon you will be facing.
- The egg-shaped symbol with a timer indicates that a raid battle will be starting soon.
- The color that surrounds the egg symbol represents the level of the raid – pink for level 1 and 2, yellow for level 3 and 4, and dark yellow for level 5.
- Meanwhile, the pokemon symbol that appears after the egg hatches represents the featured pokemon for the raid.
Understanding gym and raid symbols in pokemon go can help you prepare better for battles and ultimately lead to success in the game.
Know what each symbol means so you can choose the right pokemon to use in battles and increase your chances of winning.
Status And Weather Symbols
Explanation Of Status And Weather Symbols
In pokemon go, status and weather symbols provide useful information to players during gameplay.
The symbols give players an idea of their pokemon’s health status and the weather conditions. There are two different types of symbols – status symbols and weather symbols.
Status symbols indicate the current health status of your pokemon. It will appear right next to the pokemon’s name, in the pokemon’s information box.
The different status symbols are:
- Green checkmark : This means the pokemon is healthy and has no health status effects.
- Purple swirl : This means the pokemon is poisoned and will lose health over time.
- Burn : This means the pokemon is burned and will lose health over time.
- Ice : This means the pokemon is frozen and cannot make any moves until thawed.
- Confused : This means the pokemon is confused and has a chance to hit itself.
Weather symbols indicate the current weather conditions in the game. It will appear in the top right corner of the screen.
The different weather symbols are:
How To Identify Status And Weather Symbols
To identify the status and weather symbols, players need to look at the pokemon’s information box in the game.
To check the pokemon’s health status, look for the symbol next to the pokemon’s name.
To check the weather conditions, players need to look at the top right corner of the screen. The current weather condition will be indicated with a symbol.
Significance Of Status And Weather Symbols In The Game
Status and weather symbols are essential to understand while playing pokemon go as they help players understand their pokemon’s health status and the current weather conditions in the game.
This information can be used to make informed decisions when choosing which pokemon to use in battle.
For example, if it is raining, players may want to use water-type pokemon to take advantage of the boosted power that comes with rainy weather.
Additionally, if a pokemon has a status symbol next to its name, players need to be aware of its health status and take action accordingly.
Understanding status and weather symbols is crucial in pokemon go as it enables players’ make informed decisions regarding their pokemon’s health and assists you in selecting the proper pokemon in any given weather condition.
What Do the Symbols Next to Skype Usernames Mean? Status!
Skype symbols: user status meanings are small icons next to usernames that indicate a user’s availability or activity. The green checkmark signifies the user is online and active, while a yellow clock means they are away. A red circle with a line indicates the user is busy, and a grey question mark indicates an unknown status. These symbols are helpful in determining a contact’s availability on Skype.
FAQ About What Do The Symbols Next To Pokemon Go Mean
What Do The Symbols Above Pokemon Mean?
The symbols are tracking statuses that show availability and distance of the pokemon.
What Does The Green Footprint Mean?
The green footprint indicates that the pokemon is nearby but its exact location is unknown.
What Does The Gray Pokestop Mean?
The gray pokestop means you’ve already visited it within the last five minutes.
What Does The Purple Symbol Mean?
The purple symbol signifies a pokestop that has a lure module activated, attracting nearby pokemon.
How Do I Know If A Pokemon Is Rare?
Rare pokemon have a yellow/golden circle around them with fewer cp points. Be sure to catch them!
After reading this post, we hope you have a better understanding of the symbols next to the pokemon in your game.
These symbols can provide valuable information about your pokemon, such as their ivs, moves, and status effects.
Utilizing this information can help you strategize your battles and increase your chances of winning.
It’s important to note that symbols may differ depending on the platform you are playing on, but the information they provide remains the same.
Keep an eye out for these symbols and make the most out of your pokemon go experience.
As a final note, remember that while pokemon go is a game, it’s important to stay safe and respectful of others while playing.